I was tagged yesterday by the lovely MummyConstant in this meme, My 2011 highs & lows (originally by Mum of Three Boys).
1) What was your happiest event?
We had a very busy year last year, full of day trips, weekends away, visits to National Trust properties and holidays. It's very hard to pick one!! I suppose I would pick our stay in Centre Parcs in October. It's become an annual event after going for the first time in 2009. Last year we went with my parents, brother and his girlfriend. It was lovely there being so many of us, so much fun for Ethan. As Ethan was over 2, he really started to get into the swimming pool, loving going on all the slides. It was a lovely family holiday.
2) What was the saddest thing that happened?
We actually had a good year last year. Things were on the up for us, me getting into my stride as a Mummy, coming off my medication and staying off. I don't think anything terribly sad happened to us, only really silly things like favourite mugs breaking.. and that's not sad really! The saddest thing I can think of would be a lady I know loosing a baby. That was terrible and heartbreaking. Truly puts any silly broken mugs into perspective.
3) What was the most unlikely thing to happen that actually went ahead and did?
Truthfully, I would say my blog starting to take off and get a few more hits towards the end of the year!
4) Who let you down?
I'm beginning to think that my 2011 was very smooth and uneventful! We discovered that our guttering was leaking due to the crappy job some dodgy fascia board people did on replacing them.. I guess you could say they let us down! They also turned out to be total A-HOLES.
5) Who supported you?
Husband, parents and parents in law. All fantastic. My friend Lucy is always a great support as well, and my antenatal group are fantastic. We all lean on each other!
6) Tell us one thing you learned
That actually, I'm a pretty good Mummy (well, people tell me so!).
7) Tell us one thing that made you laugh
That is a difficult one!! Well, it is and it isn't. Ethan makes me laugh every single day. He's 2 and a half now and a real funny man. I think that it's his love of noises that makes me laugh the most. If something is broken or goes wrong he says "Mummy, it's broken! Waa waa waa waaaaa!". Always makes me chuckle.
8) Tell us one thing that made you cry
Cutting Ethan's hair for the first time.. I know! How sad.. but until August 2011 Ethan's hair had never been cut (so he was over 2) it looked like this:
And these days, like this:
It did need to be cut because it was getting harder and harder to untangle and was starting to look a bit limp. I love longer hair on little boys though.
9) Tell us three things your child or children did to make you proud
1. Going to the creche at the local gym and overcoming his fear of being without me. It has made me so proud (and sad at the same time) to see him going from being far too upset for me to leave him to running into the creche yelling "Bye Mummy! See you later!". Heartbreaking and wonderful at the same time.
2. His speech. It really came on in leaps and bounds in 2011.
3. Being brave and confident - being the only child (out of 40 or so) at the library Christmas storytime to go up to the front and "help" Father Christmas out of his chair (Father Christmas asked if any of the children would help him get up as he was stuck in his chair...).
10) Tell us one thing that made you proud of yourself
Being slimmer and fitter than ever before, much fitter than pre Ethan!
11) Tell us one challenge you overcame
Getting past the PND and coming off my medication. It was really hard but I think it's been well over 6 months now and I'm doing pretty well, getting back into understanding what normal emotions are!
12) Tell us 3 things you would like to change about your life from 2011
1. Make my blog far more successful (i.e. read and followed more!)
2. Actually make some headway with knitting or crochet
3. Think about having No.2!
There we go! I have to tag some other bloggers now, so...
Thank you for sharing this Meme with me MummyConstant!
Lovely post you wrote very well have read some of your other blogs, very entertaining am now following x Berni@scouseboysbabeReplyDelete
Thank you Berni, that's such a lovely comment :) I'll make sure I follow you as well!ReplyDelete
Lovely post i know how you feel about the hair cutting we did the same had the curls cut and regreted it. Luckily they have grown back now slightly tamer and we have a bit of a surfer dude!ReplyDelete