I've been tagged! Not once, but twice.. man, I need to get back down the gym, I must be getting slow!
First, I was tagged by HousewivesIncorporated who has a fab blog that I'm only just getting round to exploring properly.. I was then tagged by the lovely CupcakeMumma who's blog I discovered a few weeks ago and am also enjoying reading. Thanks for tagging me ladies! I'm hoping to answer both sets of questions!
So..onto the main event.. It's doing the blog rounds at the moment... Q&A style tag! It's a chance to blab on about myself, but also a chance to get to know other bloggers better. Always fun! I love the facts that come out..
These are the rules:
1) You must post the rules
2) Post 12 fun facts about yourself in the blog post
3) Answer the questions the tagger has set for you in their post and then create 12 new questions for fellow bloggers you plan to tag
4) Tag 12 people and link to them on your blog
5) Let them know you tagged them
12 "Fun Facts" about me:
1) I am a trained make-up artiste...
2) ...but I've never worked as one!
3) I have stars tattooed on my back.
4) I got engaged in the Lush factory in Poole
5) My favourite band ever are My Life Story. Ever heard of them?
6) I see dead people. Well.. I have done.
7) I have predicted deaths and severe injury in dreams. Weird.
8) When I was a child I had pet ducks called Johnnie & Estella. They had babies..we kept two of them and called them George and Mercutio.
9) Hubby and I chose Ethan's name long before we were even engaged let alone married and thinking about actually having children. We just both felt happy with the name Ethan David for a boy. We had a girls name as well. We never had to look through a baby name book!
10) I started dying my hair when I was 12 and the only break I had in that time was in 2008. I'm nearly 30 now. My hair has been black, brown, red, bleached blond, highlighted, blue, green, pink, yellow purple and probably some other colours I can't remember. It's purple these days and everyone seems to love it!
11) I'm short.. not even 5'2 but I never really feel short!
12) I love a glass of champers.
CupcakeMumma's & HouswivesIncorporated questions for me (so as not to overload people I've chosen 6 questions from both instead of all 12 from both of them!)
Six from Cupcake first:
1) How long have you been blogging?
This blog started in 2009... but my first ever blog with LiveJournal, started in 2005 or 2006 I think. So it's been a while!
2) What are you most proud of in your life?
Being Ethan's Mummy. I know that's a bit of a lame answer, but it's true. We've come through so much together. I am proud of that.
3) Where did you go on your first holiday:
It would have been to France with my parents when I was a baby. I think to a gite. We did camp as well, but that was when I was a little older I believe.
4) What's your biggest fear?
Ethan dying or being injured or me dying and not being there for him.
5) What was the last thing you bought?
A charity shop haul yesterday.. a pair of GAP trousers, Monsoon trousers and a Next jumper for Ethan. All for a fiver! Bargain!
6) If you could travel in time, where would you go and why?
To the 70s! I'd check out some gigs. Go see ELO at Wembley.. see The Beetles and The Stones. Oh... and Bowie of course!
1) How many places outside the country you were born in have you visited?
Let me think.. Scotland, Wales, Isle of Wight, France, Belgium, Germany, Holland, Italy, Austria, Spain, Portugal, Cyprus, Kos, Crete, America (went through 10 states whilst there). I think that's everywhere.
2) Do you currently own a valid passport?
Why yes, I do! Why, are you planning on taking me somewhere ;-D
3) When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? And are you doing that now?
I wanted to be a radio DJ.. and no... I'm not!
4) When your cupboards are running bare, and you lack inspiration, what is your standby think to make for dinner?
It's a bit lame.. but if we truly are low on things.. It'd be pasta with ketchup as a sauce and frozen peas added... and covered in cheese!
5) If you could give your house a name, what would it be and why?
Hubby and I have pondered over this.. we haven't named our house, but I did once come up with "The Alps". I'm Alex. He's Pete. Al & Pete's.. Alps... lame.. I know!
6) What do you hope to accomplish through your blogging?
To meet other bloggers and boost my ego... LOL. No, truly it's to have a place to rant and natter and ponder.. and to meet others.. but it is lovely to know that others read and comment!
The bloggers I'm going to tag (get running!):
1) Snoo and Me
2) AKA MUMA
3) Sarah Miles
4) How to be a Domestic Disgrace
5) Leopard Print Mummy
6) Mummy's Little Monkey
8) The Petit Mum
9) Very Busy Mama
10) What a difference a day makes
11) An English Mama in Stockholm
12) From fun to mum
My twelve questions for you!
1) Where is your favourite place in the world?
2) If you could give your teen self some advice, what would it be?
3) Where is your favourite place to shop for children's clothes and why?
4) What would you do if you won £100,000?
5) What cheers you up when you're feeling low?
6) Who is the most influential person in you life?
7) What would be your dream holiday?
8) What do you love to do the most with your child/ren
9) Why did you start blogging?
10) If you could travel back in time, where/when would you go back to?
11) Who was your funniest crush as a teenager?
12) What's the funniest thing that's ever happened to you?
And that's pretty much a wrap! There is no obligation to participate, I won't be offended.. I know it's a lot of work a blog post like this! However, if you do take part, thank you in advance!! Don't forget to comment below and tweet me so I know and can have a look at your answers!
I love it Alex I love how you combined us both! how thoughtful! Thans joining in great to get to know you! Hannah xReplyDelete
Thank you for tagging me :) It was fun. I loved reading your post. It's always interesting finding out about others.. If I could have, I would have answered all 12 of your questions, and HouswivesInc, but I thought that would make for info overload for any poor sod reading! xDelete
Woo-hoo I have done my response and it will be live at 6pm tonight... HeheReplyDelete
Thank you so much for tagging me in this :) x
No worries!! I look forward to reading it later on :) xDelete